Line Lord of House Klag

Awards Shield of Kamarag Silver Battle Star Silver Battle Star Gold Battle Star Order of the betleH

Klingon Drinkware

I know this probably would be best in a prop guild... but there currently isn't one for non-weapons. The main reason for this thread is to help identify and locate any drinkware seen in the shows or movies. But hopefully one day we will have one. So anyways we all have seen warriors get inebriated on blood wine by using these mugs:

These can be found at any restaurant supply store or online (rest. supply stores or eBay). They are one quart measuring mugs. Usually range between $3-$5 (American).

Here we have the horned mug. This was seen in ST: 5 the Final Frontier. We can assume it's Klingon, but could have been a mug brought to the planet by someone else (let's pretend it's Klingon b/c we know it has appeared in the TV series somewhere):

Now this horn mug can be found at thrift stores from time to time (Kahless knows I've passed them up many times not thinking they would be Klingon drinkware). I have found them on eBay as well from a few different makers and materials. Korrd is using a Wilton Armetale (note that the "mouthpiece of the horn loops around, unlike the Lyman one).

One name is Wilton Armetale RWP, and comes in pewter. The design has been used by a few other mug manufacuters. It has also been seen in ceramic and different shades of colored glass.

The others are Carson and Lyman
    (NOTE the Lyman one has a different style handle).

We have also seen ones that look like these that I'm trying to find out. Now can ayone shed some light on these last two mugs, where reproductions can be found?:

Admiral Krell's mug.

Mugs seen in various episodes, they originated from the movie: The Ten Commandments.

I'm sure there are more mugs (like the antler/horn one used in ST6), please post images, descriptions, and information on obtaining these mugs.

Line Lord of House Vanir
    lhmotmaootkotq (ask me why)
    Well, the measuring cup in the first picture looks like it is made from aluminum. However, I have also seen them in steel (non-stainless that is). Although a bit of googling did not come up with anything as far as a source.

The reason that I would mention that is because it will be incredibly easier to make ferrous metal look aged. Any decent art supply store will have a copper aging kit that will have an oxidizer which can be pressed into service.

Aluminum, on the other hand, cannot be oxidized. At least not easily (aluminum oxide grinding tools notwithstanding). The problem here being that aluminum oxide forms naturally on the surface of aluminum and is impermeable to oxygen, hence the real reason that aluminum does not "rust". Actually, it does but it does so only few molecules thick and then the process stops.

Line Lord of House Klag

Awards Shield of Kamarag Silver Battle Star Silver Battle Star Gold Battle Star Order of the betleH
    You are correct. I have two of the fist mug in the list and they are aluminum.